A lot of people tend to think that smoking cigar exposes them to less risk compared to the people who smoke cigarettes, which is untrue. What makes the difference between those who smoke cigar and cigarettes is that cigar smokers do not smoke daily whereas cigarette smokers can take as many as 20 cigarettes daily. Unlike cigarette smokers who inhale, cigar smokers do not inhale which means that they stand at a lesser chance of suffering from cigar-related complications.
Here are some amazing facts regarding cigar smoking
- Cigar smoking leads to addiction: once you start smoking cigars, there is a high chance that you will become addicted where you will get to a point that you cannot live without it.
- The concentration of cigar smoke is higher and more dangerous than that of cigarettes: the process of manufacturing cigars requires fermentation where tobacco-specific nitrosamines are produced, which is the cause of the high concentration of smoke.
- The risk of getting cancer increases with every one cigar you smoke daily: The cancer of the mouth, throat cancer, and larynx cancer are some of the cancer types that could be caused by cigar smoking. There is also a possibility of suffering from lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, and heart-related complications.
- Cigar smoking may lead to erectile dysfunction: Smoking cigar negatively affects the nerves and some hormones which can lead to impotence. Those who are exposed to the smoke, though not direct smokers are also at risk of getting erectile dysfunction.
- Cigar smoking may lead to premature tooth loss: The bone that is responsible for holding teeth together can be damaged as a result of cigar smoking, leading to the premature loss of teeth.
- Smoking one cigar is likened smoking 20 cigarettes: the concentration of tobacco in a cigar can be as high as 17 grams whereas a single cigarette contains less than 1 gram of tobacco.
From the above facts, it is evident that cigar smoking is as dangerous as smoking cigarettes. Though you do not smoke every day, you risk suffering from serious health complications.